New Members Ride
We’ll meet at Westbound M4 McDonalds at 8:30am, fuelled and ready to go. Leave 9:00am.
• All existing, new and potential members are welcome.
• Route via Penrith, North Richmond, Lithgow and Locksley, the final destination being the Flat Rock Picnic Area
on the Fish River, Mutton Falls Rd, O’Connell, estimated distance of 231km. The road surfaces on the planned
route will be all sealed.
• BBQ lunch and soft drinks supplied by the club.
RSVP 23/03/2020 to Marie Pennykid 0428 393 093
• Follow the M4 to the Great Western Highway, and up to Valley Heights.
• Take the left to Springwood and then right at the roundabout to Hawkesbury Heights and Richmond
• Follow the Hawkesbury Heights road, and stop at the Hawkesbury Heights Lookout, then continue on to the
Castlereagh road and turn left to towards Richmond.
• At the traffic lights in Richmond turn left onto Bells Line of Road.
• Follow this to Lithgow and the Great Western Highway and turn left towards Katoomba
• Travel along the GWH to South Bowenfels, and turn right onto Magpie Hollow Rd at the Shell Servo.
• Follow this road past Lake Lyell to the T-intersection, and it’s a quick right and left dogleg onto the Sodwalls
• At Tarana, swing slightly right off the main road onto the Tarana Rd.
• Follow this road to the T-intersection at the O’Connell Rd and turn left to O’Connell.
• At O’Connell, past the pub, turn left onto Mutton Falls Rd, It’s approximately 6min and 6.5 km to the Picnic
Grounds, on the left.
A free BBQ lunch and soft drinks will be available here. Enjoy your ride.